Wednesday, August 29, 2012

One World Birth screening

So I went to my first Rochester Area Birth Network meeting the other night and it went well! Because I coach field hockey in the fall, I won't be able to be involved in much until mid-November, but I wanted to show my face, meet the women, and express a desire to be involved as much as possible. They seem like a very nice group of ladies. I don't mean to sound relieved as if I expected the opposite, but you know it's always intimidating to meet a tight-knit group of people who share a common passion and knowledge that you don't yet fully share. I felt welcomed.

They are currently planning for the participation in the global screening event of a documentary called Freedom for Birth presented by One World Birth.  If you scroll down the site a bit, you can click on a link that will show you if and where there is a screening in your area. It is unlikely that I'll be able to attend due to coaching, but I will sure try. If someone else is able to go, please post a review in the comments section here!

4 comments:

  1. Do you have to be a member of the network to go to the screening?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question - I should have made that clear! The answer is: absolutely not! They want as many women to see this documentary as possible!!!

      Delete
  2. I went to the video at our library- it was awesome, and very eye opening as to how crazy things are in other countries re: childbirth! I really enjoyed the discussion afterwards, too. There are a lot of women who have so many different experiences with birth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So awesome - I am so jealous! I am glad it was a successful and informative event. Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete