Sunday, October 14, 2012

lactation cookie recipes and other news

My dad passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly last Friday, October 5, 2012. He was an incredible father and a beloved "Papa" to my children. I would like to dedicate this post to him today.



I had so much success with the lactation cookies, I wanted to sing it from the hilltops. Who knew that tasty cookies could give me the peace of mind I needed to successfully BF my child? How many things in life are that easy? Soon after, I coincidentally saw a conversation on a crunchy mom group about HOMEMADE lactation cookies. Well, why hadn't I thought of that? Oh, right, because I am a kitchen outcast! Well, that's not entirely true. I do enjoy cooking but I am not much for baking. Baking requires a level of precision that I do not posses. I feel like there is more flexibility with cooking. I enjoy adding and taking our ingredients at will without risking the integrity of the recipe. However, this may have to be where I draw the exception. What a great gift for a new mama, too! One blog I read talked of bringing homemade lactation cookies over t a friend who recently delivered via emergency c-section but was determined to BF. BFing after a C can be more difficult than after a vaginal birth for a host of reasons.

Here are some lactation cookie recipes I found that looked promising. Please note that I haven't personally tried any of these recipes...yet!

 

1. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies by Noel Trujillo
2. Human Milk 4 Human Babies Recipe (on FB)
3. Peaceful Parenting blog recipes page
4. Housepoet's Famous Lactation Boosting Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, and Flaxseed Cookies
5. eHow Lactation Cookie Recipe

I can see how making your own cookies has some definite benefits over buying store-bought ones. You could add some ingredients you like (I would add peanut butter to EVERYTHING if I could). Please let me know of any other recipe you have tried and liked - or didn't like! I also freely accept donations of cookies you have made :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment