Monday, June 3, 2013

the terrible twos are a myth

I am going to level with you here. I miss the "terrible twos". Want to know why? Because they weren't terrible! At all! There was seriuosly nothing terrible about them. In fact, they were wonderful. They were a dream wrapped in wonderful inside a fantasy. And now, here we are...at three. And three is hard. I don't want to use the word 'terrible' because that seems a bit dramatic. But, I'm going to honest, the threes are more terrible than two. Here's a great article I came across that is helping me center, find peace, and focus on the kind of parent I want to be. Luckily for me, Lydia is a strong-headed daughter who seems to be pretty unaffected by any yelling I may do. She actually once looked me in the face, rolled her eyes, duck-faced and said, "You can't just sit there and yell at me, mom. I don't like to be yelled at." Yeah BOOM! And she's three. But is still good to bed reminded to keep calm and gentle parent on.

No comments:

Post a Comment